The Foundations Class
- A small group learning environment founded on Montessori principles for infants and young children aged 8 to 18 months.
- Our ratio of one educator for every 3 children helps guide exploration of the carefully prepared learning environment and nurtures the many discoveries of this foundational period.
- Classes are only offered on a five full-day basis for this age group to provide the consistency of predictable caregivers and routines to our youngest students.
- We nurture the development of movement with an intelligent purpose, provide a stimulating environment for sensory discovery, and encourage early language skills.
- An introductory Montessori program for toddlers and pre-schoolers aged 18 months to 2 ½ years.
- Classes are available on a half or full-day basis with schedule options ranging from 3 to 5 days per week.
- Our ratio of one educator for every 5 students helps children build trust and confidence in relationships with teachers and peers.
- The class provides a safe and nurturing learning environment to develop what Dr. Montessori called the child's "absorbent mind".
- With a focus on the development of social interaction, language, and self-help skills (including toilet-training), we guide our ‘freshmen’ toward success in a classroom community.
- An engaging Montessori program for children from age 2 ½ to 4 years old.
- Classes are available on schedules ranging from 3 half days to 5 full days.
- We focus on building the foundation skills for life-long learning, including independence, concentration, self-confidence, and a strong academic foundation in language, math, science and the arts.
- Our 1:8 ratio of teacher/guide to child ensures each child receives individual attention and guidance as they learn to work with the Montessori self-directed learning materials and build social relationships with peers.
- The “whole child” is developed through a balanced and integrated program of creative arts, music & movement, computer, French, and co-operative games.
- A rich Montessori learning environment consisting of carefully selected activities and highly trained teachers to encourage “hands-on” and “minds-on” discovery for children from age 4 to 6 years.
- Our Senior classes nurture the child who has gained the independence and confidence to set their own pace in a self-directed Montessori classroom.
- A teacher/guide to student ratio of 1:12 enables teachers to build a relationship of trust in guiding each child’s progress while respecting their independence.
- Although academics are an important cornerstone of the program, we equally value the social, emotional and physical well-being of a child. Creative arts, music, French, computer, and physical education are incorporated.
- Flexible schedules, nutritious lunches and snacks, and before/after school care are available.
Bilingual Montessori / French Afternoons
- A bilingual Montessori class for children aged 3 to 6 years, operating in English during the mornings and in French during the afternoon work periods.
- Children work with the full range of Montessori materials in all curriculum areas throughout the day; only the vocabulary changes depending on the time of day.
- Once children learn their French phonetic alphabet, the skills of phonetic word-building and reading are readily transferable from English to French.
- Preference for registration in this class is given to students with a least one year of Montessori classroom experience and teacher recommendation.
- Full-day classes available for children in grades 1 through 3 are tailored to each individual child’s learning needs, goals, and interests.
- Founded on the Montessori principle of self-directed learning, the academic program is guided by and exceeds the Ontario Ministry of Education curriculum
- An innovative progress tracking method allows each child to set their own pace and track milestones. The child builds self-discipline and the abilities to manage time and resources, set realistic goals, and work in small teams. The system ensures timely teacher guidance and provides regular feedback to parents.
- A continuing enrichment program nurtures the ‘whole child’.
Advantage Before & After-School Enrichment Programs
- Elementary Advantage is an after-school enrichment class for students in grades 1 to 3 seeking enhancement of core academic skills in reading, writing, and math.
- Montessori Advantage is an engaging Montessori work period offered to students in their kindergarten years to enrich and extend foundational skills.
- Advantage core programming operates from 3:30 to 5 p.m. and optional extended care is available to 6 p.m. or in the mornings from 7 a.m.
- Led by qualified teachers, written progress evaluations are provided each term.
- Bus transportation is available to and from local Brooklin schools.
- Just the right mix of fun activities, outdoor adventures, and light academics.
- Imaginative weekly themes with a special event planned each week.
- Full or half days and flexible schedules are available during July and August in air-conditioned comfort.
- Summer School offers a great introduction to the School or a bridge between the school days of June and September.