The Foundations Class
- A small group learning environment founded on Montessori principles for infants and young children aged 12 to 18 months.
- Our ratio of one educator for every 3 children helps guide exploration of the carefully prepared learning environment and nurtures the many discoveries of this foundational period.
- Classes are only offered on a five full-day basis for this age group to provide the consistency of predictable caregivers and routines to our youngest students.
- We nurture the development of movement with an intelligent purpose, provide a stimulating environment for sensory discovery, and encourage early language skills.
- An introductory Montessori program for toddlers and pre-schoolers aged 18 months to 2 ½ years.
- Classes are available on a half or full-day basis with schedule options ranging from 3 to 5 days per week.
- Our ratio of one educator for every 5 students helps children build trust and confidence in relationships with teachers and peers.
- The class provides a safe and nurturing learning environment to develop what Dr. Montessori called the child's "absorbent mind".
- With a focus on the development of social interaction, language, and self-help skills (including toilet-training), we guide our ‘freshmen’ toward success in a classroom community.
- An engaging Montessori program for children from age 2 ½ to 4 years old.
- Classes are available on schedules ranging from 3 half days to 5 full days.
- We focus on building the foundation skills for life-long learning, including independence, concentration, self-confidence, and a strong academic foundation in language, math, science and the arts.
- Our 1:8 ratio of teacher/guide to child ensures each child receives individual attention and guidance as they learn to work with the Montessori self-directed learning materials and build social relationships with peers.
- The “whole child” is developed through a balanced and integrated program of creative arts, music & movement, computer, French, and co-operative games.
- A rich Montessori learning environment consisting of carefully selected activities and highly trained teachers to encourage “hands-on” and “minds-on” discovery for children from age 4 to 6 years.
- Our Senior classes nurture the child who has gained the independence and confidence to set their own pace in a self-directed Montessori classroom.
- A teacher/guide to student ratio of 1:12 enables teachers to build a relationship of trust in guiding each child’s progress while respecting their independence.
- Although academics are an important cornerstone of the program, we equally value the social, emotional and physical well-being of a child. Creative arts, music, French, computer, and physical education are incorporated.
- Flexible schedules, nutritious lunches and snacks, and before/after school care are available.
BILINGUAL MONTESSORI SENIOR CASA
- A bilingual Montessori class for children aged 4 to 6 years, operating in English for half of the day and French for the other half.
- Children work with the full range of Montessori materials in all curriculum areas throughout the day; only the vocabulary changes depending on the time of day.
- Once children learn their French phonetic alphabet, the skills of phonetic word-building and reading are readily transferable from English to French.
- Preference for registration in this class is given to students with a least one year of Montessori classroom experience and teacher recommendation.
BILINGUAL ELEMENTARY CLASSES
- Mixed age groupings for children in grades 1 through 4 with lessons tailored to each individual child’s learning needs, goals, and interests.
- Reading and writing instruction provided in both English and French as well as bilingual math work periods using the Montessori materials, and bilingual instruction in selected strands of the social studies and science curriculum.
- Small class size promotes strong relationships within the class and a deep understanding of the student’s abilities and interests by their teachers.
- Founded on the Montessori principle of self-directed learning, the academic program is guided by and exceeds the Ontario Ministry of Education curriculum.
Advantage Before & After-School Enrichment Programs
- Elementary Advantage is an after-school enrichment class for students in grades 1 to 4 seeking enhancement of core academic skills in reading, writing, and math.
- Montessori Advantage is an engaging Montessori work period offered to students in their kindergarten years to enrich and extend foundational skills.
- Advantage core programming operates from 3:30 to 5 p.m. and optional extended care is available to 6 p.m. or in the mornings from 7 a.m.
- Led by qualified teachers, written progress evaluations are provided each term.
- Bus transportation is available to and from local Brooklin schools.
- Just the right mix of fun activities, outdoor adventures, and light academics.
- Imaginative weekly themes with a special event planned each week.
- Full or half days and flexible schedules are available during July and August in air-conditioned comfort.
- Summer School offers a great introduction to the School or a bridge between the school days of June and September.